Sunday, July 18, 2010

Let's give it another go, shall we?

It's been too long since last I wrote. I was feeling incapable of writing the types of things I'd set out to write; incapable of delving deep and coming out on the other side, better for it. I was plenty capable of the dive--of going to that dark place that is all too familiar--but I lacked confidence in my ability to come back into the light, so to speak. To be honest, I'm still not sure I can do that. I'm going to give it my best try, though.

I'll admit, I've got a glass of wine next to me. It seems when I've had a little bit to drink the words flow, not better, really, but more readily. Sometimes that helps.

Often, when emphasizing the positive aspects, I feel like a hypocrite. Here I am, in that dark place, talking about the bright side of things and not really feeling that there is a bright side. I do that with my therapist from time to time (ok... often) and I feel like I'm faking it. But... fake it 'til you make it, right? I'm not so sure about that, but I keep doing it. A part of me believes that if I convince other people that I'm thinking positive (and more accurately, feeling positive,) it will eventually be true. I can't tell if that's a good or a bad thing. Am I denying my true feelings by trying to put them in the best light? Perhaps. I suppose only time will tell.

I know I sat down with the intent to write something more substantial than the above ponderings, but now I can't think of what that something was. So, for now, I'm just going to end here and hopefully come back tomorrow (or maybe even later this evening) with something better.

No comments:

Post a Comment