Friday, June 4, 2010

Getting to Know You

She sickens as the days go on
She weakens every week
And sometimes she feels so much hate
That she can barely speak

They tell her that she's beautiful
And she doesn't think it's fair
That she can't seem to find
This beauty they declare

There's too much here, too much there
And too much locked inside
There's far too much of modesty
And not enough of pride

And she feels like a broken doll
A hollow porcelain shell
Their precious cracked "beauty"
Their tragic mademoiselle.

She sickens as the days go on
She weakens every week
And sometimes doesn't feel anything
And she can barely speak

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi. I'm Porcelain Doll, and the purpose of this blog is to write about the aspects of my life that sometimes hurt to write, and about what I've done (and am doing) to deal with them.

I know the name isn't original. I'm sure there are many people out there who feel like a porcelain doll: Pretty to look at, but hollow inside, and moments away from shattering.

Writing is therapeutic for me. It's also something I enjoy very much. So, if anyone reads this, I hope they find some help in knowing that they are not alone. If no one reads it, that's alright, too. I'm writing for myself as much as for anyone else.

For the sake of brevity (because who really wants to read an introduction as long as a book?) I'm going to list the main points I will probably be writing about. I'll go into further detail throughout later posts.

I will be writing about:

  • Self-Injury
  • Depression and Anxiety
  • Abusive Relationships
  • Sexual Assault
  • Everyday Frustrations and Inspirations

And above all:

  • Hope and Healing

So, if you're coming with me, then I welcome you.

Best of wishes,

Porcelain Doll

No comments:

Post a Comment